Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Armenia Nazook


Nazook is a common pastry served with coffee and a traditional Easter dish. It is mildly sweet, but rich as there is a lot of butter in this!

3 cups flour
1 c room temp butter
1 cup sour cream

I have a kitchen aide mixer so I used my hook attachment and mixed for 10 min on low. If you do not you can knead by hand as well. Refridgerate 3-5 hrs or over night.

Roll out into a rectangle to about 1/4 inch

Filling
1 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 c sugar
3/4 c room temp butter
Stir w fork like when you make a pie crust.
Sprinkle w filling all the way to edges.

Roll into a log and pinch closed. Press down so it's not so round, more flat. Cut into equal pieces and place on parchment covered cookie sheet.

Brush w beaten egg.

Bake in 350F oven for 30 minutes

Get your cup of coffee and a few friends and enjoy!



















1 comment:

  1. I had more Nazook than my husband and I could possibly eat while it is fresh so I brought the rest to the grade school I volunteer at and the ladies in the office enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete